Welcome to Hixson United Methodist Child Development Center
New Classrooms Opening in August!
Lilies Classroom – We are welcoming ONE year olds to the CDC! The Lilies will be “blooming” starting August 14. Ms Stephanie and Ms Martha will be the morning teachers for this wonderful addition with a combined experience of 30+ years in teaching. Only one space is left in this very popular class so spread the word!
Fall 5’s Classroom – Our new Fall 5’s Class registration is now open. HUMCDC is excited to announce our newest classroom designed especially for children who narrowly missed the August 15 cut-off date for Hamilton County Schools. This classroom will be particularly well suited for children who are turning five years old between August 15, 2017 – January 15, 2018. Literacy, math, science, art and music are a part of the daily curriculum, in a nurturing Christian setting. Led by a UTC Graduate in Early Childhood Education with several years’ experience, Fall 5’s will be rich in hands-on learning activities, with a strong literacy emphasis. Fall 5’s is an opportunity for children to move beyond simply “getting ready for kindergarten” into a challenging and supportive learning environment comparable to a kindergarten classroom. Now there’s no reason to put kindergarten concepts on hold until the next year! Call 423-877-0554 or email email@example.com to find out more or to schedule a tour.
Mission of the Hixson United Methodist Child Development Center
The CDC exists to provide, within a Christian atmosphere, opportunities which meet the educational needs of the early childhood years and emphasizes growth in all areas—physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. We are a three star facility and are proud to hold the Gold Sneaker designation denoting our commitment to healthy foods and physical activity. We use High Reach curriculum which is aligned with standard performance indicators for kindergarten to ensure we are preparing our students for the next phase of their lives. All classes attend weekly music class. We have one Spanish Immersion classroom. We have monthly “field trips” to enhance our learning- we stay on site safe and sound and the “field trip” comes to us! These visits are made possible through our Special Visitors Sponsorship Program. Some visitors include the Tennessee Aquarium, Creative Discovery Museum, Chattanooga Zoo and Kids On The Block. We could tell you even more about our program, but the best way to learn about us is to see us in action! Schedule a tour today to see what we’re all about!
“So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. ” 1 Corinthians 3:7
Highlights of our program include:
- Serving one to five year olds, 7:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Spanish Immersion classroom serves three to five year olds, 7:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Three Star Facility.
- Gold Sneaker designation denoting our commitment to healthy foods and physical activity.
- High Reach curriculum which is aligned with standard performance indicators for kindergarten to ensure we are preparing our students for the next phase of their lives.
- Weekly music classes for all Children.
- Monthly “field trips” to enhance our learning- we stay on site safe and sound and the “field trip” comes to us! Past visitors include the Tennessee Aquarium, Creative Discovery Museum, Chattanooga Zoo and Kids On The Block.
- All tuition and other fee information is listed on the application.
List of Upcoming Activities.